Shrimp with Feta Cheese (Garides Saganaki)
1 pound (21-25 count) shrimp, peeled, de-veined
4 tablespoons Kaldí Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 tablespoons Kaldí Tomato Sauce with Ouzo
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
10 black olives, pitted, sliced
6 ounces Feta, crumbled
1 medium tomato, ripe, cut into thin slices
3-4 fresh basil leaves, coarsely cut
- In a medium size saucepan, heat Kaldí Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Sauté shrimp for about 3-5 minutes until pink all around. Using perforated spoon remove shrimp and set aside.
- Add Kaldí Tomato Sauce with Ouzo, salt, and pepper; simmer for 2-3 minutes or until sauce is hot.
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Remove saucepan from heat. Add shrimp, parsley, olives and mix to coat shrimp with sauce. If sauce is too thick add about 1/3 cup of water and mix.
- With a spoon, arrange shrimp in a 12x12x2 inch-baking pan and pour remaining sauce over shrimp.
- Sprinkle with Feta, arrange tomato slices on top of shrimp, and bake for about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and garnish with basil leaves.
- Serve with rice pilaf.
Tip: Use less salt as Feta and shrimp can be salty.
Preparation time: 30 min. Cooking time: 2 hrs. Yield: 4 servings.